How Does MCS Work When I Get Sick Or Injured?
1. All MCS members are automatically enrolled in the TeleMedicine program. Unless there is a medical emergency, members should consider seeking the advice of the 24 hour on-call Physician first. Advantages of using our Telemedicine benefit include no waiting in a long line, no copay even if you have not met your yearly personal responsibility, and no exposure to sick people that are usually encountered at a medical facility. Then please follow the advice of the board certified physician. Prescription medications, if needed, can be prescribed by the on-call doctor in most states.
To contact our telemedicine doctors, please log into your account here: Member’s Portal *** Our Members Portal Is Currently Under Reconstruction – We Apologize For Any Inconvenience***
***(If there appears to be life threatening condition you should IMMEDIATELY go to the emergency room.)***
There is a $500.00 co-pay for all visits to the Emergency Room.
2. If the MCS member is instructed by the Telemedicine physician to see a health care professional locally the member should find a medical professional that is a provider inside our network of doctors. We use PHCS, the largest PPO network in the United States. At the local doctor’s office, the member presents their membership card to the medical provider. Your health care provider should be very familiar with this network.
*** Please note that physician office visits that are not related to preventative care are only shared for members of our Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze plans. You can compare our different plan benefits here: MCS medical cost sharing plan benefits comparison ***
To find a participating provider of PHCS in your area please click on the PHCS Logo below.
3. The medical provider sends the bill electronically to the PHCS/Multiplan network that is contracted with the MCS plan, and their team of experts will negotiate the lowest cost possible on behalf of the member and validate the medical costs with the provider. Fortunately, because there is no copay, the patient will be able to leave the medical provider’s office without any out of pocket expense at that time. It needs to be understood that the patient is ultimately responsible for paying the medical practitioner for all expenses not reimbursed through our health sharing ministry.
4. After your personal responsibility has been met and the medical necessity has been verified through the MCS staff, payment that has been shared with other members will then be sent directly to your medical professional in your name.
As a side note, it is recommended each member save about $1,000.00 to handle out-of-pocket expenses.
How Does It Work – When I Need Hospitalization/Surgery
***Platinum, Gold Silver And Bronze Plans Only***
Hospitalization and surgery benefits are a shared medical expense if you are a member of the Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze or Platinum medical cost sharing plans. There are NO hospitalization or surgical benefits for “MCS PLUS” plan members. Reimbursement for medically necessary hospitalization/surgical procedures will be available after a member’s personal responsibility has been met. MCS will not share for any procedures that are viewed as resulting from non-Christian activities.
All surgery requests (with the exception of emergency surgery) MUST be submitted in advance to MCS/PHCS staff. We are contracted with a third party company that has incredible statistics on success rates for every type of surgery performed at every hospital in the country. We want you to have the best chance of success and will direct you to the best hospital in your area for the procedure you need.
How Does It Work – What’s Covered And What’s Not?
What’s Covered By Our Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze Plans
Here is a partial list of procedures that are covered by our Medical Cost Sharing program after your personal responsibility has been met for the year:
1. Inpatient Hospital Care
2. Outpatient Hospital Care
3. Medical Testing
4. Maternity (After 18 months of membership)
5. Physical Therapy
6. Occupational Therapy
7. Doctor’s Office Visits
8. MRI and CT Scans
10. Chiropractor Visits -Up to $250 Per Year (Preexisting conditions rules still apply – See Item #2 in “What’s Not Covered” )
11. Adult, women and children wellness exams*
12. Flu shots and immunizations.
What’s NOT Covered By MCS Medical Cost Sharing
Here is a partial list of procedures that are NOT covered by our Medical Cost Sharing program:
1. All medical expenses before your personal responsibility has been met
2. Pre-existing conditions for the first 36 months of participation
3. Cosmetic medical procedures including refractive eye surgery such as Lasik
4. Illnesses caused by Tobacco use
5. Abortion and Sex reassignment surgery
6. Injuries or illnesses caused by or associated with alcohol or drug use
7. Any procedures that are not in line with Biblical teachings
8. Injuries or illnesses associated with DANGEROUS occupations or hobbies. IE: Car Racing, MotorCycle Stunt Man, Hazardous Waste Hauling and others too numerous to list here.
9. Injuries or illnesses caused by civil insurrection, terrorism, acts of war or self inflicted injuries.
How Does It Work – Prescription Drug Coverage
We are members of multiple prescription discount programs. At the present time, we suggest you check out the huge savings that you can get from the organizations listed below. In our experience these organization will find the lowest cost for your prescription medication in your area. Please note that in different areas of the country, one plan may be better than another and one plan may be more cost effective for prescription “A” and another program may be more cost effective for prescription “B’. So please check these out carefully as spending a small amount of time researching these initially could be very beneficial. Please note that there are certain prescription medications that are covered for all MCS members. The list is small and only available in generic equivalents. To see the list click here: Covered Prescription Medications
We have found that the following programs often offer superior pricing on other non-covered prescription medications:
How Pre-Existing Conditions Work
Reimbursement for pre-existing conditions under our Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze Plans will occur only after being an MCS member for three years. Reimbursement for any medical condition is still dependent upon a member fulfilling their personal responsibility for the year. In addition, non-shareable conditions, such as tobacco related illnesses, non-Christian activities, dangerous occupation or sport etc. will NEVER be covered as a sharable expense.
There are no restrictions due to pre-existing conditions for members of our MCS Plus Plan
Here Is How Our Sign Up Process Works
1. First you need to look at our requirements in the banner on the right. They are simple and easy to understand.
2. Next you need to very carefully compare our plans to others here: Compare Christian health care programs
3. Check out our incredible added benefits here: MCS Medical Cost Sharing Added Benefits
4. Choose the best plan that is best for you and your family here: MCS Medical Cost Sharing Plans
5. Sign up by clicking here: MCS Medical Cost Sharing Sign Up
How Can I Cancel My Membership?
Membership cancellation is covered in detail on the Frequently Asked Questions “FAQ” page in section 19. Click on the link below to see our Frequently Asked Questions